Job Vacancy: Development Engineer
Role: Hardware/Product Development Engineer
Location: Buckingham, Bucks
Prestigious UK guitar effects pedal company Origin Effects is seeking an R&D engineer to join their growing engineering department. With an ambitious business plan and a strong team in place, this is an exciting time to join this expanding company. As such, the prospects for career development are strong.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Design of discrete analogue circuitry.
• PCB design/layout using Altium Designer.
• The development of Audio Precision test/calibration scripts.
• Design for manufacture, working closely with our external production partner.
• Design for EMC, as well as full CE and RoHS compliance.
Essential Skills & Experience
• 3+ years design and development experience in an audio-related electronics field.
• A knowledge of discrete analogue transistor technologies as well as common audio circuit topologies.
• Experience of using Spice simulation to validate designs.
• Experience of hierarchical schematic entry.
• Design and development of multilayer PCBs using Altium designer, or equivalent software.
• A working knowledge of component types and supply chain considerations.
• Advanced skills in prototyping and debug.
• Impeccable time management skills are necessary to ensure that designs are completed on time.
• Degree qualified in Electronics Engineering (or equivalent experience).
Desirable Skills & Experience
• Experience with common microcontroller families in C/C++ programming languages.
• A familiarity with test automation, incorporating python or similar.
• Experience in basic mechanical CAD, with a view to designing sheet metal enclosures for output to production.