Job Vacancy: Design Support Engineer
Role: Design Support Engineer
Location: Buckingham, Bucks
Basis: Full-time, salaried
Prestigious UK guitar effects pedal company Origin Effects is seeking a Design Support Engineer to join their growing engineering department. With an ambitious business plan and a strong team in place, prospects for career development are strong.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Specification of hardware test fixtures.
- The development of Audio Precision test/calibration scripts.
- Work closely with our external production partners to introduce new products and streamline existing processes.
- Analyse and report on test result data.
- Represent production requirements in design for manufacture process.
- Test and repair of field returns.
Essential Skills & Experience
- A knowledge of discrete analogue transistor technologies as well as common audio circuit topologies.
- A working knowledge of component types and supply chain considerations.
- Advanced skills in prototyping and debug.
- Impeccable time management skill with the ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Degree qualified in Electronics Engineering (or equivalent experience).
Desirable Skills & Experience
- A familiarity with test automation, incorporating python or similar.
- Experience in basic mechanical CAD.
- Experience of Spice simulation to validate designs.
- Experience of hierarchical schematic entry.
Please send your CV, salary expectations and covering letter to email@example.com. Your covering letter should highlight the extent to which your skills/experience meets the requirements of the role, and your motivation behind applying.
To apply for this position, you must already have the right to work in the UK.