Job Vacancy: Hardware Design Engineer
Role: Hardware Design Engineer
Location: Buckingham, Bucks
Basis: Full-time, salaried
Prestigious UK guitar effects pedal company Origin Effects is seeking an experienced engineer to join their growing engineering department. With an ambitious business plan and a strong team in place, this is an exciting time to join this expanding company.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design of discrete analogue circuitry.
- PCB design/layout using Altium Designer.
- The development of Audio Precision test/calibration scripts.
- Design for manufacture, working closely with our external production partner.
- Design for EMC, as well as full CE and RoHS compliance.
Essential Skills & Experience
- 3+ years design and development experience in an audio-related electronics field.
- A knowledge of discrete analogue transistor technologies as well as common audio circuit topologies.
- Experience of using Spice simulation to validate designs.
- Experience of hierarchical schematic entry.
- Design and development of multilayer PCBs using Altium designer, or equivalent software.
- A working knowledge of component types and supply chain considerations.
- Advanced skills in prototyping and debug.
- Impeccable time management skills are necessary to ensure that designs are completed on time.
- Degree qualified in Electronics Engineering (or equivalent experience).
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with common microcontroller families in C/C++ programming languages.
- A familiarity with test automation, incorporating python or similar.
- Experience in basic mechanical CAD, with a view to designing sheet metal enclosures for output to production.
Please send your CV, salary expectations and covering letter to email@example.com. Your covering letter should highlight the extent to which your skills/experience meets the requirements of the role, and your motivation behind applying.
To apply for this position, you must already have the right to work in the UK.