Due to further increased sales growth over 2017 and the expansion of our UK guitar pedal product range, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a PCB Layout and Design Engineer at our head Office in Thame, Oxfordshire.
Working closely with the Executive Designer and reporting to the Senior Management team, the successful candidate will be responsible for bringing an array of current R&D projects to life as well as helping with the creation of new products and launches in the future.Ideally, with a background of electronics manufacturing in a similar sector, the successful candidate will be computer literate with exceptional communication skills to liaise with the Executive Designer and production team as required, as well as having an interest in music or musical instruments.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, great benefits and the opportunity to work with a fast growing, forward thinking company with exciting plans for its future products.Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- PCB Layout based on directive from Executive Designer
- Working with Inventory department to establish cost effective and easily sourced components.
- Management of initial product BOM, including CE and RoHS compliance.
- Time management to ensure designs meet with business plan and product launch schedule.
- Production focus to ensure the layout is suitable for easy production processes.
- General tasks as required, for example, technical support around existing products and any subsequent developments or revisions that may be required.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years design and development experience.
- Design and development of Printed Circuit Boards, including component selection, schematics entry, footprint and layout, as well as knowledge of PCB manufacturing process.
- Able to demonstrate a basic but functional understanding of analogue electronics utilising discrete components.
- Experience in prototyping and fault finding.
- Degree qualified in Electronics Engineering (or equivalent experience).Desirable:
- Electronic Design of both Digital and Analogue circuits.
- Developing testing methods for electronic products.
- Design for EMC.
- Experience of new product introduction.
- Experience of AutoCAD and sheet metalwork design considerations.
- Software experience with EasyPC or similar layout package.
Applicants should email a covering letter and CV to [email protected]