The RevivalDRIVE: An Overdrive from Origin Effects

Coming soon from Origin Effects: the RevivalDRIVE!

After several years of research and development, we are proud to announce our latest pedal – the RevivalDRIVE.

It’s the first ever overdrive from Origin Effects – and the first overdrive of its kind, ever! That’s because the RevivalDRIVE houses a complete valve amp-style signal path recreated using all-analogue electronics. It accurately delivers a wide range of British and American amp tones, from clean to fully cranked, with the ability to dial in exactly the drive characteristics and dynamic response you desire.

The RevivalDRIVE: Origin Effects' First Overdrive Pedal

The RevivalDRIVE’s unique circuit design incorporates not only the preamp, phase inverter, power amp and rectifier stages, but also a synthesised mains power signal and a speaker-emulating reactive load. Because these stages behave and interact just like the real thing, the RevivalDRIVE is the first pedal capable of delivering true amp-like overdrive, power amp sag and the characteristic “ghost tones” generated when cranking certain vintage amps.

Better still, we’ve built in a range of EQ compensation features that let you fine-tune the output of RevivalDRIVE to suit a range of popular amps – or even plug straight into a flat-response power amp.

RevivalDRIVE CUSTOM Option board

As part of the new RevivalDRIVE range, we’re also releasing the RevivalDRIVE CUSTOM. Designed for maximum versatility, the RevivalDRIVE CUSTOM features additional front-panel controls and a secondary EQ that will let you precisely match the pedal with almost any amplifier. For touring players, it’s the ultimate fly-rig overdrive!

Features include:

• Solid-state and valve-styled rectifier channels
  • Dual Class-A preamp stages
  • Phase inverter and push-pull power amp stages
  • Built-in reactive speaker load

Origin Effects RevivalDRIVERevival Footswitch

Pricing:

RevivalDRIVE £469/$549
RevivalDRIVE CUSTOM £569/$659
Revival Footswitch £TBC/$TBC

Availability:

The RevivalDRIVE and RevivalDRIVE CUSTOM will be officially released at the end of April and we’re expecting demand to be high. You can pre-order yours here from the 29th of March. We’re limiting pre-orders to an initial 200 units, so save the date!

Further Information:

Please refer to the product page… We will be adding further content in the coming weeks.

Even though aspects of this pedal will sound great with bass, we also have a bass player voiced design currently in development, with further details being announced later in 2018.

53 replies on “The RevivalDRIVE: An Overdrive from Origin Effects

• Fred Heurtin

I am sure i want the revival custom. It will take a while for me to send the payment. ( its a bit pricey) is this a limited edition pedal?

• origineffects

Hey, Fred.
      Thanks for showing your interest in the RevivalDRIVE!
      This is NOT a limited edition pedal and we plan to keep producing it into the foreseeable future.
      Regards.

• Stefan Karlsson

Extremely positive first impressions of your new drive pedal – congratulations to all concerned – when will there be some sound samples or demo videos ready? I’m kind of prepared to buy this one blind, but it would be better of course to know what sort of range this pedal covers.

• origineffects

Hey, Stefan.
      Thanks for your kind words about the RevivalDRIVE.
      We are in the process of getting videos ready so keep your eyes peeled!
      Regards.

• Bryan Falcho

A HUGE Word of advice, probably the BEST thing U cld do, other than already having made a solid unit is PLEASE put in a Manuel of how to get desired tones of the American & British Amps that can be achieved using this unit!!!!!! That is by FAR, what EVERY OTHER COMPANY LACKS & wld GREATLY GREATLY SET UR CO. apart from the other companies!!!! I’m not talking about a little after thought double sided piece of paper with a few generalities of generic amp information.. Customers (I assure U) R looking for the specifics U mentioned in the units description. If the pedal is capable of achieving many sounds of American & British Amps then PLEASE BY ALL & ANY MEANS NECESSARY SHOW the settings for each & everyone it is capable of relatively achieving!!!!!!!!! I cannot stress this enough!!!!!! It will draw Ur customers into the unit ALOT more thus expanding the time they spend w this one of a kind pedal!!! For product buyers especially of effects units there is nothing more frustrating than getting the pedal and not being able to achieve what a company claims it can do ,this information manual will have the consumer become more Interactive with the product and spend a ton of more time with it ,using experimenting with it and most of all talking about it with others! Also detail the ghost tones, this is where the pedal becomes pivitol of having special attributes not found in other pedals so far and since it concerns itself with vintage aspects it’s a new pedal that does new things and also doesn’t leave the past behind, but instead focuses on a very popular Cornerstone for guitarist and the equipment they use which is quote vintage aspects which region to the Past to bring the things we’ve only heard on record to life before our eyes, in our homes , practice & recording studios, and on stage for the “lucky” few. I CANNOT WAIT to try Ur revolutionary new unit & April can’t come quick enough. Wishing Ur Company Success,
    Bryan Falcho, Pittsburgh, PA 412-653-5766….

• Tim Anderson

I would like to hear any sound clips of the unit in use. Using all styles of music and many different brands of instruments.
    Tim Anderson

• paul

Hi – This looks fantastic. Apologies but I am not fully understanding the distinction with the custom model. Does it have a different EQ control set or is it the same pedal pictured with the additional controls at the top of the pedal (like in picture 2 on this page)? Thanks, in advance. Also, will this be a limited run or will you continue to offer it? Best, Paul

• origineffects

Hey, Kevin.
      We’re working on video content at the moment. Please keep checking our site and social media channels to see and hear what the RevivaldRIVE can do!

• Kevin Kern

Can I use the Revival Drive plugged into the input of a regular guitar amplifier such as my 1966 Fender Super Reverb guitar amp? OR Is the Revival Drive only for use into a “flat response” type amplifier or P.A. ??? Also if it turns out that I CAN use it in my 1966 Fender Super Reverb guitar asmp then can I expect the Revival Drive to produce CONVINCING Marshall guitar amplifier type/style tones with
    my Fender amplifier???

• origineffects

Hey, Kevin.

Yes, you can use the RevivalDRIVE just like a conventional guitar pedal. At the flick of a switch, the RevivalDRIVE can change its output-EQ to let it interface with a Blackface Fender like your Super Reverb. The same switch tailors the pedal’s output-EQ to be compatible with Marshall-type amps and flat response power amps. The CUSTOM version expands upon this to let the output EQ be shaped in a more flexible way to suit almost any type of amp that it is plugged into.

Regards

• Kevin Kern

Thank you for your very quick response to my question you guys are awsome!!! By the way I love your compressors I’m fixing to buy one of those too. Anyway please pardon me for MY lack of clarification in my previously posted question about the RevivalDRIVE. I was wanting to also know if it would make my ’66 Fender Blackface Super Reverb sound anywhere close to a Marshall amplifier in tone/response (albeit that it doesn’t have the Celestion speakers in itof course) ??? Any thoughts??? P.S. I’m already sold though and I am going to buy one of these from you as well as the compressor too😎😎😎

• Vince H

that’s looks very cool, i’m very interesting by, but bought it without hear it… i wish to see a video very soon!
    Vince from France

• Jeremy Geller

I think it would be extremely useful to include the ability to switch channels with a small one button footswitch. Is the that what the second button does? Or does it turn on the other channel and cascade them? Either way I would use this as an always on clean(ish) preamp with a dirt channel. I’m assuming it does clean amp sounds. Does it? If it does then that’s how I’d use it but considering its size I strongly feel the one button remote channel changer option would make this thing much more useful to many more people.

• origineffects

Hi, Jeremy.

One footswitch on the pedal switches the effect in and out of bypass. The other footswitch toggles between the channel with the grey knobs and the channel with the orange knobs. This allows you to set up two independent channels; one could be clean and one dirty, one could sound like a US amp and one like a British amp, or both could be the same but with different volume levels.

Look out for the full demo video soon!

• Damon S

I definitely feel that remote channel switching input would be great for loop switchers and/or remote racks too.

Is this easy to mod? Or is there a possibility of paying a custom job?

Thanks

• origineffects

Hey, Damon.

Adding a remote channel switching jack is a possibility, however, we do not offer modifications or custom jobs here. We appreciate the feedback though.

• Stu

Which timezone do preorders start? (I’m in Australia, so keen to figure out how to give myself a chance at the preorder!)
        I’m currently midway through getting my board custom built and I’m keen to add this pedal to the chain!

• origineffects

Hey! We expect a video to be ready for the preorder date. Please keep checking our social media pages for updates.

• Kirk Austin

I’ve been waiting for this one, Simon. 🙂

Will be ordering the custom version the morning of March 29.

Based on my experience with the compressors, I’m confident I will be pleased.

• Stu

• John Hill

Occasionally, in the life of a musician, a product comes along with a “Must Have” tag. This for me is one of those times, sitting along side a JCM800, Les Paul, Telecaster, Tonebender, Champ, Lonestar and SlideRig CD.
    Looking forward to time dialling in my tonestacks . . . plus it looks workmanlike !!

• origineffects

Hey, Matt.

Here is what the dip switches do on the back of the RevivalDRIVE and RevivalDRIVE CUSTOM:

1. Applies the pre-amp EQ (GB/0/US) to the dry and bypass signals when the RE-AMP EQ switch is set to PWR AMP. This creates a usable “dry” tone when plugged into a flat-response power amp.
      2. Replaces the valve-style rectifier block in the orange channel with a silicon rectifier block. Many amps use silicon rectifiers so this lets both channels use this less-saggy stage.
      3. Alters the frequency of the GHOST tone from 50Hz to 60Hz to reflect the tone produced when an amp is powered by UK mains (50Hz) and US mains (60Hz).

We will be uploading the instruction manual soon which covers these functions in greater detail.

• Matt Smith

Okay, I love what I have seen and heard of the Revival Drive so far! There are just a couple of things I would really like to understand.
    1. The product description mentions that (amongst many other features) the pedal incorporates the power amp stage and also a speaker-emulating reactive load. Does this mean that there is no need to use power tube/amp and speaker cab emulation if plugging the Revival Drive directly to a PA or Audio Interface/Computer? And if so, is it possible to bypass Revival Drives power amp stage and speaker-emulating reactive load so that it can be paired with third party power tube/amp and speaker cab emulation if desired?
    2. If I was to order today, what would the current ETA be on receiving the pedal?

• origineffects

Hey, Matt.

Thanks for your questions. Here are the answers:

1. The RevivalDRIVE does not contain a speaker simulating stage, which means that if you run it straight into a desk, you may want to use a cab sim device. Our speaker-emulating reactive load is there to let the power amp stage act like it is connected to a real speaker, i.e. it interacts with the power amp stage to alter the frequency response and feel. If it didn’t have this stage, even if you plugged it into a cab sim, it wouldn’t sound like a real amplifier driving a speaker.
      2. We have a small handful of RevivalDRIVE’s let from the first batch which should ship at the end of the month. Orders for the CUSTOM will ship from the second batch in early May.

• Jon Morris

You should send me a T-shirt…XL
    I have three big box cali’s and the big slide rig as well as two of the smaller compressors. They are fantastic! I can only imagine what the Revival Drive will sound like…am hoping to get in on the second batch for the custom and footswitch!
    Thanks, Jon Morris
    520 Cowboy Aly.
    Jackson, MO. 63755

• Freddie Gutierrez

What if I were to use it in the front of a Roland JC series amp? Would that still get the same results, or would it be best in the loop?

• origineffects

Hi, Freddie.
      We’ve tried the RevivalDRIVE with a Roland JC50 and it sounded good directly into the input so I would suggest connecting it that way.

• Freddie Gutierrez

Oh yes?!?! I can’t wait to get one then. I suppose when they’ve been out for a few months, I will get one since they seem to be in demand. Can’t wait. Thank you so much.

• origineffects

Hi, Sean.
      Yes, you can control the MID ENGAGE and DRY OVERRIDE functions by using the latching mode from the ES-8/5’s CTL jacks.

• Paul

Horses pushing at the gate on my pre-order, this is worse than waiting for xmas as a kid! Cannot wait to get my custom and my foot switch. I also have to say not only are the Origin Effects the best of the best they are also the best looking most professional looking pedals, period. I love the stainless look and the stained knobs on the Revival. This is going to be a hot item from now on. I would rather drop the bucks on this puppy than waste my efforts buying toys that are just nowhere near this level of engineering and skills. I also want my manual asap so I can do some prep work on understanding it fully. New vids are great, Simon’s a ringer for the prince, lol. Bloody amazing guys, we long time experienced players are grateful someone has finally gotten us out of the toy box mode.

• Lory

Hi, when do you think a Revival Drive manual will be published?
    I’m waiting for my pre-ordered Revival Custom + Footswitch in a few days, and it would be nice to have a manual as a starting point… videos are not always pratical.